Friday, December 29, 2006

Adventures up ladders.

Don't be a water wally or you'll join the ranks of the great unwashed masses,with The Water Police(not a harbour-side branch of the local constabulary) turning your water pressure down to a trickle.
It seems it's a case of "do as I say,not do as I do" with Govts concerning their own water useage,while we mere plebians are guilt-ridden into showering in a teacup.
Have you considered changing your name to that of your favourite characters? A mother and son have changed their names to that of Del Boy and Rodney Trotter,from "Only Fools and Horses".
I think the title sums it up quite sufficiently !
Praise pusskins each day,you never can tell when the furred feline will save your life.
Had to put tinsel into my nashi tree as the Rainbow Lorikeets have decided to munch on unripened fruit I've been lavishly toiling over.
Safety tip # 101 ...make sure there are no ladder-climbing moggies near by,or you'll end up juggling tinsel,a grip on ladder,a grip on tree and a moggie purring in your ear as it perches on your shoulders.
Several Lorikeets screeched angrily at me as I wobbled about in the foliage,but no nashi was hurt in the hanging of the tinsel.

7 Comments:

Blogger C said...

My 11 yo would go NUTS over the loris. She's a total bird nut. :)

I had to come over and ask if that signalling Mars with carrier pigeons comment on Somewhere Joe's blog was, by chance, a reference to Swallows and Amazons.

Friday, 29 December, 2006  
Blogger Bugs said...

Hi Candace.
No I'd not heard of that book til I looked it up on Wikipedia just now.Sounds like a great book ! Have you read it or seen the movie ?

No signalling Mars is just one of my usual silly comments lol :)

Friday, 29 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a water crisis almost every year in Florida. Instead of honoring the wet season/dry season cycle of nature down here, residents are determined to replicate their Pennsylvania lawns year-round. By mid-winter, the water table shrinks to the point of saltwater intrusion. The city imposes water restrictions... but then lavishly waters the medians and parks not only in mid day, but in the middle of a thunderstorm. Some example, huh?

Friday, 29 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candace, I'm a bird nut too. I've scarcely been without one or two until the condo banned pets. I had a Brazilian cardinal who sang whenever I ran the tap water.

Friday, 29 December, 2006  
Blogger Bugs said...

Joe,at least Govt's the world over are consistent with their silly behaviour ! How many times do we see sprinklers or burst water mains going full bore during a thunderstorm ?!

Saturday, 30 December, 2006  
Blogger C said...

I love those books, and the movies are pretty decent. :)

Joe, that's funny about the Brazilian cardinal. Our cockatiels go nuts whenever the phone rings. :)

Sunday, 31 December, 2006  
Blogger Bugs said...

Cool,thanks Candace,I'll have a look for them in the New Year :)

Sunday, 31 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home