Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Chunky tap water anyone ?

Would you drink recycled sewerage ?
According to a poll,most people would drink it.
While I can agree to have it piped into homes for watering gardens,washing clothes,cars,flushing the thunderbox,etc, I'm more than slightly uncomfortable with the thought of recycled drugs and goodness knows what entering my cup of tea each morning after yellow lettuces and damaged golf greens were investigated through use of recycled sewerage water.
Ironic Melbourne water held meetings with concerned golf clubs but no mention of food grown for human consumption.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dino & Joe said...

of course i'd drink it. i lived in london for 30 years where all water must pass through 12 people and a pigeon before going into a can of diet pepsi, and has it done me any harm? i'm no madder than the rest of the voices in my head.

if you think about it, all water is recycled anyway...

Tuesday, 26 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if theirs enuff bleach 2 cover my regroth i dont care

Tuesday, 26 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll drink anything if you're thirsty enough. But d & t are right - our water doesn't come from Jupiter. Some of it no doubt is dinosaur piss. Of course nature's recycling is a little more...leisurely.

Tuesday, 26 December, 2006  
Blogger Bugs said...

LOL I agree with all comments,but my previous confidence in Melb Water treating recycled water properly dropped a lot after reading the news articles I linked.
IF they can get it right,I'll happily drink it. ;)

Tuesday, 26 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home