Sunday, January 07, 2007

Beans,Beans the musical fruit....


What every self-respecting gardener should have growing in the vegie patch - a hat stand !
Actually we missed throwing it out during the last hard rubbish collection(along with Him Indoors) but the beans have grown to like it :P
If you ever need a quick growing vine to cover an area for Spring/Summer throw some Scarlet Runner Beans in.This lot grew from last years vine stock,with extras popping up from last Summers' beans.Drought tolerant,this lot only get water what falls from up above,they are edible and also return nitrogen to the soil.
And the chooks like to nest under it !
Police trialling camera hats in Brisvegas...but not to take pics of Bad Tigger....or The Alaskan Abominable Snowman....or the credit card totting feline Messiah...and certainly not the Welshman who walked into court..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grow beans every summer. Runners don't do very well round here (too hot for the flowers to set well I think), but the hummingbirds love the flowers and so I grow beans for them. Maybe I should use a hat-stand as a frame as it looks rather attractive.

Monday, 08 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anywhere I hang my bean is home

Monday, 08 January, 2007  
Blogger Bugs said...

Cindra -I'll post some more pics for you lol.

a- I'm sure there are plenty of hat stands looking for a good garden to grace ;)

a- I was considering cucumbers but they didn't relish the idea :P

Wednesday, 10 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home