Sunday, January 21, 2007

Thy name is Mud and thou art Glorious!


"Mud,mud glorious mud!
Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood.
So follow me,follow,
Down to the hollow
And there let us wallow
In glor-i-ous MUD!"


Had an absolute ball these past 2 days in the Rain.
Friday I was able to indulge in my favourite(?) pasttime-cleaning out the spouting while standing on a ladder in the Rain.Now usually I wait for a good thunderstorm with enough power in it to run a capital city,but I had to take my chances when they came so up the ladder I did go.
The shed spouting was growing tennis balls - 4 of them in fact(must have been an excellent year for the tennis ball crops) and the usual leaves,twigs,aliens hiding from the Govt and natures rubbish.
Moved my new water barrels around,filled the first 10 with "clean" water for the laundry and another 5 for "dirty" water for the garden and the large water tank kept right on filling up every time.
I was drenched several times over but it was such a lovely feeling being in the rain and everything smelt clean,fresh and alive again.The 3rd planting of seeds have sprouted inside a week and were growing before my eyes on Friday -we'll have more than enough eggplants,Pak Choy,pumpkins,watermelons,capsicums,peas,beans,etc to see us through til 2020 -much to Him Indoors horror(Oh the greens! The greens! Vegies everywhere nooooooooo!).
Flash flooding is happening everywhere - Mildura,Sth Aust,Central Aust,NSW....but those bloody bushfires keep on burning.
There is a fantastic explaination on Phil Maguires' blog today,describing exactly how bushfire smoke effects normal rain patterns and why we experience the following floods and extreme weather we have in Australia.
Off to listen to my garden thrive !





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home