Sunday, February 25, 2007

WARNING: Do NOT let me use your microwave...


Today I'm having a hissy fit with the pc.
SOME people I know will tell me I should have gone down the Mac track and today I will agree with them wholeheartedly!
Got a virus last night whilst Miss Feral 19 was surfing the sites.
Did a system restore this morning,ran every scan known to mankind and even some only used by the martians in Area 51.
Somehow along the way I managed to delete IE and Outlook express.
I know,I know....such a talent in PC wrecking going to waste in the 'Burbs !
But the clever little dicky bird that I masquarade as every other leap year discovered Mozilla still in the programs and
VOILA!
I'm still online !
While I'm on the technology roll,I thought I'd finally teach myself to program the VCR.
Now I've just got to figure out how to switch the unit on.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe Jubinville said...

The machine I'm now using once got so invaded and clogged that I ended up having to reformat the hard drive, that's right, erase everything and reinstall the operating, system XP Pro, from scratch. I always save my data on a separate drive, and still had all my program discs. Still it was a hair-raising experience, took almost all day, and there is now not a single program or applet on it that I don't want. It works better and faster now than when I bought it.

BTW, Macs are less prone to virus because hackers are less interested in them. I used Macs at work for years and they're far from perfect, the hype notwithstanding.

Monday, 26 February, 2007  
Blogger egan said...

As a Mac user, I will not rub it in how much I truly love the Mac OS compared to Windows. Good luck getting things worked out.

Somewhere Joe isn't a fan of Macs. Don't listen to him. Macs are perfect as far as I can tell. They don't fart, they're original, and they improve your social standing tenfold.

Tuesday, 27 February, 2007  
Blogger Dino & Joe said...

I'm using the Vista phishing filter - eek

Dont tell anyone that I work in IT (shhhh!)

Wednesday, 28 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home