Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Fire,fire burning Bright...


Yesterday was a tad warm at 43 degrees C (109 degrees F) when the bushfires cut the city's power supply.We survived quite well with our house locked up and kept cool but pity the babies in hot cots in hospital.

I mentioned the Mountain Cattlemen trying to protect the historic Bluff Hut HERE,basically doing Parks Vic job for them.Unfortunately I read of Bluff Hut having been destroyed by these fires in Phil Maguires' blog yesterday.Hopefully it will be rebuilt but why wasn't it on Parks Vic or DSE list ?
Some idiot mongrels stole CFA firefighting equipment,to the tune of $4000.Let's hope they're caught and are forced to fight these fires as punishment and to appreciate the hard work our volunteers have put in for the last 47 days these fires have been burning.
Our fearless leader Bracks has won the award for stating the bleeding obvious when he claimed "Fires will get worse".
Victoria's CFA is run by nearly 60,000 volunteers, whose blood,sweat and tears save countless people and property every day,throught Summer and Winter.

UPDATE.

2 Comments:

Blogger Memphis said...

I'm sorry to hear about the fires. I hope they manage to get them under control. I now Australia has been experiencing droughts and steady heat, but even so I think I'd rather live there than here in Memphis. I don't think I've ever met an angry, cynical, unhappy Australian. But I sure have met a lot of bitchy, selfish, rotten Memphians. Not that they're all that way. Just enough.

Thursday, 18 January, 2007  
Blogger Bugs said...

Steve the spare bed is made up,with extra fluffy quilts just for you and your princess ;)
I'll put the champers on ice :P
But we don't have an Xbox.

Thursday, 18 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home